With more than 35 years of experience, Axenics offers clean and repeatable plastic pipe welding services that mirror our welding capabilities for metals.
Our certified welders are capable of welding polymer-based materials including:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE/FPA), which is resilient, stable and features the ability to withstand exposure to harsh chemicals. There aren’t many organizations with the skills necessary to bend and weld PTFE.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), which is lightweight and rigid as well as known for its strength and fire-retardant properties.
- Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC), which is known for its ability to withstand high temperatures.
- Polypropylene (PP), which is known for its elasticity and high chemical resistance.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE), which is known for its broad strength-to-density ratio.
- Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), which is a durable, strong plastic known for its ability to withstand harsh chemicals.
Plastic pipe welding is commonly used to create custom manifolds and assemblies. Extrusion welding allows for the joining of two units as an alternative to the use of bulky or expensive fittings, saving time, space and money. Precision plastics welding produces strong and complex systems that meet our customers’ exact project requirements.
Axenics welds plastic piping using heat (hot air) fusion, butt welding or solvents. Our thermoplastic pipe welding process involves the joining of two polymer-based units heated to create the strongest possible bond. The two plastic materials heat simultaneously to become pressed together. A permanent bond is formed once cooled.