Companies that produce medical devices should consider the benefits of using components that utilize plastic manifolds. Plastic manifold transportation systems provide a continuous supply of gas and chemicals that can be used in a variety of applications.
Manifolds can be used in the production of medical equipment such as lab accessories, patient monitor devices, diagnostic instruments, operational machinery and many more applications. The life science and semiconductor industries have a huge dependence on manifold delivery systems.
Your goal should be a reliable, simplified system that delivers a consistent, highly-repeatable performance, with the flexibility of having sub-systems that have the capability of multiple flow rates and pressures. Plastics can deliver those results, and some plastic options even offer better insulation than some metal manifolds.
Some of the benefits of making the switch to plastic manifolds include:
- High thermal mechanical strength: Some plastics are able to resist thermal degradation and maintain operating strength and rigidity in high temperatures.
- Good chemical resistance to acids, alkalis, greases and solvents, hydrogen peroxide, demineralised water and hot steam.
- Minimal outgassing (gas release within solid material) under vacuum: This is especially important in the medical device industry as maintaining a sterile environment is essential.
- Good creep and chemical resistance.
- Minimal thermal expansion.
- Good wear resistance.
- Good plasma resistance for reduced corrosion.
Our technicians have 35 years experience in plastics fabrication. Some of the common plastic types we can use for your next project include:
Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
PVDF is a high-purity plastic that is commonly used to produce semiconductor equipment components. Its excellent chemical resistance makes is a good choice for medical devices or life science industries. It is flame- and abrasion-resistant and offers a clean construction option for manifold systems. Piping, fittings and valves are often made with PVDF.
PTFE/PFA is a low-friction plastic that is easily formable and boasts great resistance to chemicals. It works well in varying temperature environments, making it a good choice for semiconductors used in a variety of industries.
PP is a durable plastic also used in semiconductor industries as it has the benefit of low moisture absorption. Its chemical resistance is good, though PTFE and PVDF offers a stronger performance there.
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
HDPE is a strong, light, and chemically resistant plastic that is used in construction projects.
Our plastic manifold components are customized to your specifications, tested in-house and delivered to you ready to be installed into your existing production area.